Large Eddy Simulation (LES)
- This is a page with basic information about a software. Please see Template for creating software pages for what should be here.
- This page is under construction. More contents should be coming soon.
The University of Utah Large Eddy Simulation (UU LES) code combines the LES code by Zulauf (2001) with a form of the tracer code for fire spread from CAWFE.
Not distributed publicly.
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Department of Meteorolog
Very important to use the software. For example, NetCDF, XML, custom, proprietary.
Programming language and environments
Programming languages and libraries used, in the approximate order of prevalence.
Links to fulltext downloads.
- Ruiyu Sun, Steven K. Krueger, Mary Ann Jenkins, Michael A. Zulauf, Joseph J. Charney, The importance of fire–atmosphere coupling and boundary-layer turbulence to wildfire spread, International Journal of Wildland Fire 18, 50--60, 2009. fulltext
- Zulauf, Michael A., Modeling the effects of boundary layer circulations generated by cumulus convection and leads on large-scale surface fluxes, PhD Thesis, University of Utah. pdf
If too long or too complicated to put in the lead.
Links to other wiki articles.